Excel to XML is an application which allows you to upload a Excel file and convert its content into XML file. You can upload any kind of Excel extensions, like XLS, XLSX or Open Office Calc – ODS.
As the result you will download a nice and clean XML file.
XML data format is widely used in software development and in many other jobs where users are working on data, especially, when in usage are more then one application. In many cases it is needed to export data from one system (like reporting system) in one format like Excel XLS or XLSX or Open Office Calc ODS tables, next import it another system, where maybe, you need to keep it in XML format.
Remember that in Excel format you can keep column’s names in whatever syntax you want, but XML elements (tags) names rules are strictly defined:
- Element names are case-sensitive
- Element names must start with a letter or underscore
- Element names cannot start with the letters xml (or XML, or Xml, etc)
- Element names can contain letters, digits, hyphens, underscores, and periods
- Element names cannot contain spaces
So if names in columns in you Excel or Calc ods file are against above rules, then you application will transform it dynamically.
Enjoy using our app 🙂